[Olsr-users] Activate/Deactivate ETT OLSRv2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 21 13:08:23 CET 2014

The parameter is a runtime/configuration parameter.
When you look into the configuration of the ETT plugin you will see
the following:

> olsrd2 --schema=ff_ett
List of entries in section type 'ff_ett':
(use this command with 'type.name' as parameter for more information)
    ett
        Activates the handling of linkspeed within the metric, set to
false to downgrade to ETX metric
    interval
        Time interval between recalculations of metric
    start_window
        Window sized used during startup, will be increased by 1 for
each interval. Smaller values allow quicker initial rise of metric
value, it cannot be larger than the normal windows size.
    window
        Number of intervals to calculate average ETT

By looking into the details of the "ett" parameter you will find this:

> olsrd2 --schema=ff_ett.ett
    ett
    Default value:
        'true'
    Parameter must be on of the following list:
    'true', '1', 'on', 'yes', 'false', '0', 'off', 'no'
        Activates the handling of linkspeed within the metric, set to
false to downgrade to ETX metric

This means that you can either use the command line parameters to
disable the ett part ( -- set ff_ett.ett=false ) or add a
configuration entry to the configuration file:

[ff_ett]
    ett   false

Henning Rogge