[Olsr-users] Mesh network

Vigneswaran R (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 22 05:50:16 CET 2014

On 12/21/2014 08:58 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on your questions I added some more text to the coming OLSR
> wiki... can you have a look if you think they are
> useful/understandable?
>
> http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/Troubleshooting
> http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/OLSR_networks

Henning:

Excellent resources! Thanks.

Sahana:

If you have the topology like this, you can use the following
instructions to make the clients to ping each other. (Just ensure that
you don't have any iptables rules which interfere the traffic)

    192.168.1.0/24                      192.168.2.0/24
C1 <------------> R1 <---> R2 <---> R3 <------------>C2
    .2          .1                      .1          .2

* On C1, add default route by executing the following command

     ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

* On C2, add default route by executing the following command

     ip route add default via 192.168.2.1

* On R1, add the HNA entry for 192.168.1.0/24 network and restart the
OLSR daemon. eg.,

Hna4 {
     192.168.1.0      255.255.255.0
}

* On R2, add the HNA entry for 192.168.2.0/24 network and restart the
OLSR daemon. eg.,

Hna4 {
     192.168.2.0      255.255.255.0
}

If everything goes fine, you can see routes to 192.168.1.0/24,
192.168.2.0/24 on all the routers (R1, R2, R3) using 'ip route' command.
Also, the clients (C1, C2) should be able to ping each other.

Vignesh