[Olsr-users] Mesh network

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 21 15:46:28 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Sahana k.srinivas
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> The client can ping the router to which it is connected but the router
> cannot ping its client.

Good... I expected it to work, it was just the easiest thing to test. ;)

> No, I did not set the IP address as HNA in olsrd. Will do that and check the
> results.

Do so... without the HNA the mesh routers will not know about the
IP/prefix of the attached clients of the other routers!

> And the 3rd point, Sorry I dint get you! Should a route be set? Or does a
> default route exist?

You need a route from the client to their local router to reach the
rest of the mesh.

The easiest option is a default route, often distributed via DHCP...
but in theory it would be enough to have a route that is "wide" enough
to contain all nodes in the mesh and attached to the mesh.

Default route does not work if one of your clients has normal internet
access (as an example).

Henning Rogge