[Olsr-users] Mesh network

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 21 12:50:11 CET 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Sahana k.srinivas
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to configure a wireless mesh network by connecting routers
> running OLSR. Right now we have connected three routers in ad-hoc mode. The
> three routers can communicate with each other. But the problem is that the
> clients(say laptops) attached to these routers(different routers) are not
> able to communicate with each other.
> So kindly suggest as to what can be done to rectify this! Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I see three things you should have a look at.

1st, do the routers and their local clients can talk to each other
(check with a PING).

2nd, did you set the IP address (or prefix) of the attached clients as
a HNA in the local olsrd. HNA (Host and Network Association) tells the
local olsrd to announce the prefix to the rest of the mesh, so they
build routes towards this olsrd for the IP/prefix.

3rd, do the clients have a default route set towards their local
router (or at least a prefix which contains all mesh router IPs and
all their HNAs)?

You could also start a ping from one client to another one and then
use tcpdump on each router to see how far it gets...

Henning Rogge