[Olsr-users] OLSR disconnets all routes when a interface will be added or removed

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 12 01:10:53 CET 2014

> My arp-table suddenly contained the wrong mac address for the "next
> hop", which meant that IP communication stopped over the link (even
> when pinging next hop) until the arp timed out.
>
> Could you maybe check your arp-table if the IPs of your direct
> neighbors have the correct mac address?
I will check this and will give you feedback on that.

> just a question about the graphics you sent to the list...
>
> are they produced locally on the node or are they generated by a different node?

The plugin and the graphis run on the border gateway router where the
problem exists.

>> It must be OLSR because the image that i've attached got its data from
>> the txtinfo-plugin. You can see that at 18:19:32 the route were removed
>> and comes up at 18:21:58, the routes were removed for 2 Minutes and 26 seconds.
> Which means something different is happening. There is nothing in
> olsrd with a memory that long.
>
> If it really would just remove the routes (more likely the TC or the
> Hello database), they would be up 10-30 seconds later.
Thats true. But i restarted my vpn-client many times, because i got no
active link.
I did not know that my VPN-Session killed all routes. I saw this
behavior 30 minutes later after checking the graphs.