[Olsr-users] How to test DLEP?

Vigneswaran R (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 3 07:39:30 CET 2014

On 11/27/2014 06:15 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Vigneswaran R <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Ok. So, both dlep_radio, dlep_router are meant to be run on routers, and
>> nothing for radio device (assuming that the radio device has support for
>> DLEP already)?
> DLEP-router is the DLEP "receiver" component that (as the name
> suggests) runs on the router.
>
> DLEP-radio is the DLEP "transmitter" component that (see above) runs
> on the radio.
>
> On 802.11 radios you run a combination of nl80211_listener (to gather
> linklayer data) and dlep_radio (to transmit them on the router). For
> an emulated network you need something different than
> nl80211_listener.

I just tried running olsrd2 with the dlep_router plugin using the
following command.

     /usr/local/bin/olsrd2_static --set global.plugin=dlep_router --set
global.plugin_path=/opt/git-root/oonf/build tap0

It ran without any errors. However, I expected it to listen on some TCP
port (DLEP port), but it didn't. Do, I need to do any additional
configuration for the dlep_router plugin? Thanks.

Vignesh