[Olsr-users] Encryption in ad-hoc network using Openwrt+OLSR

Ben West (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 7 16:21:22 CEST 2014

Hi Andrea,

Please note the 'encryption=psk2' option is the one I've verified to work.
'encryption=psk2+aes' actually does not enable any encryption.
Furthermore, I'm not sure the precompiled images for OpenWRT v12.09 support
IBSS-RSN reliably.  I'm using r39928 which I compiled myself, I believe
versions newer than r37xxx are preferred for reliably IBSS-RSN.

The 'wmesh' name given for the first interface stanza is not mandatory.  I
give my wireless virtual interfaces explicit names to make configuration
changes via UCI command tools easier.  In addition, the "beacon_int" option
is also not mandatory; it just sets a beacon interval to a known value.

Besides that, do please note the device options /etc/config/wireless file
will vary from device to device, in particular the "ht_capab" options
listed do need to match your radio's capabilities.  You can try
regenerating the minimal wireless config for your device file by
removing/backing-up your existing /etc/config/wireless, and then reading
the output "wifi detect" run at the shell prompt.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net