[Olsr-users] Encryption in ad-hoc network using Openwrt+OLSR

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 4 08:26:17 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Ben West <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> This is possible in current generations of OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment,
> although I'm not completely sure if the pre-compiled v12.09 binaries support
> it reliably.  It is called IBSS-RSN.  You would need to include the package
> wpad or hostapd + wpa_supplicant.  The wpad_mini package as-is doesn't
> include IBSS-RSN support.

Just to make sure to get this right...

is wpad alone enough? "wpad or (hostapd + wpa_supplicant)"

or do I need wpad and wpa_supplicant? " (wpad or hostapd) and wpa_supplicant"

I am in the process of building an OpenWRT image for our "dlep based
hybrid node design" and would like to support the wpa2 mode.

Henning Rogge