[Olsr-users] Default build of olsrd (v0.6.6) issue

Thijs van Veen (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 20 12:18:14 CEST 2013

Henning,

I am aware of the different make targets, I just thought it would make
sense to have the default also work.

Like I said, it's no problem that the plugin isn't built by default; in
fact that's good and expected.
The problem is the incompatibility with the default config file that's
generated (because it does try to load the plugin).

What I assumed here is:
default build + default config + correct interface = default (core)
protocol on correct interface

--
  Thijs van Veen
  (spam-protected)

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013, at 10:30, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 10:19 AM, Thijs van Veen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if it's a known issue, but I think it might be worth
> > noting.
> >
> > When building olsrd (v0.6.6) from source (git) using all defaults (make
> > && make install), the txtinfo plugin is not built and installed.
> > While this is not a problem in itself (it is a plugin after all), the
> > default configuration file does attempt to load it (and of course fails
> > because it doesn't exist).
>
> "make" and "make install" have always only compiled and installed the
> core of Olsrd.
>
> You have to run "make build_all" and "make install_all" to get the
> plugins too. As an alternative, there are make-targets for every plugin.
>
> > It was my understanding that the idea of the default configuration was
> > to allow a (new) user to run the protocol by simply inserting the
> > interfaces (and possibly HNA) to be used.
> >
> > There are two ways to fix this:
> > 1. default building and installing to include the txtinfo plugin;
> > 2. disable the LoadPlugin block from the default configuration file.
>
> If you want to run a minimal Olsrd setup, the "minimal" configuration
> file might be the right choice anyways.
>
> Henning Rogge
>
> --
> Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
> Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
> Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
> Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
> Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
> mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

> Email had 1 attachment:
> + smime.p7s
>   8k (application/pkcs7-signature)