[Olsr-users] Olsrd cann't ping two-hops node - Nexus7

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 21 08:19:23 CEST 2013

On 10/18/2013 05:05 PM, Abubakr Ali wrote:
> Thanks Henning Rogge for your reply ..
>
> Regards the route from node3 to node1, and at the beginning where all
> the three tablets are close to, and in-range of, each others, I see the
> following in the //proc/net/route/ :
>
> Destination==node1
> Gateway==node1,
> and ...
> Destination==node2
> Gateway==node2,
>
> when changing the location of the tablets, then the routes change as follow:
>
> Destination==node1
> Gateway==node2,
> and ...
> Destination==node2
> Gateway==node2,
>
> accordingly, this mean that the HELLO and TC msgs are exchanged (i.e.:
> the number-of-hops was calculated and that node1 is reachable through
> node2), right ?

If this is true in both directions on all three nodes, your should be
able to ping node3 from node1 (at least from the routing table point of
view).

You can use tcpdump

> you sounded like if the default-values in the .conf file do not do me
> any favor and that I have to hard-coded all the default-values myself,
> is that true ?

The problem with huge config files with lots of "default" values is that
its easy to overlook a changed value. I would suggest only adding things
to the configuration file that are not using the default value.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE