[Olsr-users] olsrd running .Very basic

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun May 19 16:57:28 CEST 2013

What did the people of the commotionwireless project said about the problem?

You are getting an error from their start-script, not from olsrd.

Henning Rogge

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM, LuigiScop
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I 'm trying to run olsrd on my Linux ubuntu by following the procedure on
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion-linux
>
> I get the error:
> (spam-protected):~$ sudo /etc/init.d/olsrd start
> Setting mesh on 'wlan0' to channel 5:
>     attaching to 'commotionwireless.net' with BSSID '02:ca:ff:ee:ba:be'
> Turning off NetworkManager wifi control: done
> Setting up ad-hoc networking: Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate"
> (8B20) :
>     SET failed on device wlan0 ; Network is down.
> done
> Setting up IP address: done
> OLSR ad-hoc setup on wlan0 using commotionwireless.net on channel 5 with IP
> 172.29.135.151
>     ad-hoc Cell BSSID: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> olsrd already running, doing nothing.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.
>
> luigi

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan