[Olsr-users] getting second best route from dikjstra's algorithm

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 14 11:41:37 CEST 2013

L2 traffic may help to get link metric feedback. OLSR uses multicast only, so it provides some signal quality (e.g. RSSI) and loss ratio stats (ETX) only. With user traffic (or probing), data rate and retransmit ratio is provided. With Minstrel, BestThroughput is provided (at transmitter side).

There is an experimental LQ NL80211 plugin available, using more than ETX. It is in src/linux/lq_plugin_ffeth_nl80211. I think the description is not in git. Bad. Here a copy Frank de Brabander posted in March 2012..

Teco