[Olsr-users] reduce OLSR bandwidth by tuning emission intervals

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 26 13:04:52 CET 2013

Hi,

I agree this would be possible.

But I don't see you will reduce the amount of data by a significant
factor, because HELLOs are not flooded through the mesh network. This
means you are only seeing Hellos from your neighbors, but you see MIDs,
HNAs and TCs from every node.

Which means that the traffic used up by the Hellos is not really large,
most of the Hellos will be put together with a TC/MID/HNA by the message
aggregation anyways.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE