[Olsr-users] [OLSRD] adhoc network

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 23:55:16 CET 2013

Very few Android 4.x support Adhoc out-of-box.  You can use a custom kernel,
or it might be possible with just a custom wpa_supplicant.

You might also be interested in the olsrd app for Android:
https://commotionwireless.net/blog/meshtether-test-release

It won't help you with the low-level issues you're talking about, but it'll
manage connecting once you get adhoc working.  For info on custom kernels and
such, check out the SPAN project:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/android-phones-are-connecting-without-carrier-networks
https://github.com/ProjectSPAN/

.hc