[Olsr-users] Doubts about Willingness, MPR Selection and Routing.

Alex López (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 4 15:02:25 CET 2013

So this are the options you recommend to work with right?

TcRedundancy  2
MprCoverage 7

If I put these variables (which are, in theory, the default and most
optimal):

TcRedundancy 0
MprCoverage 1

The olsrd v1 should not work properly?

On the other hand, I would like to know if your are planning to implement
the willingness as another parameter to have in account when you are doing
the MPR selection algorithm in olsrd v2.

For example:

Router 1 has a willingness parameter of 2.
Router 2 has a willingness parameter of 6.

So, if both routers are in the same place and have the same ETX with all
their neighbours, the olsrd v2 MPR selection algorithm should prefer to
select Router 2 as an MPR.
It's your olsrd v2 going to work like this example or you are not taking
into account the Willingness?

Thank you.

--
Alex Lopez