[Olsr-users] RFC: removal of TAS plugin on Nov 9th, 2012

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 29 15:10:21 CET 2012

Hi,

Henning and I would like to remove the TAS plugin from the source tree
of olsrd.

The reasons being:
- It hasn't been maintained for a long time,
- It's source code has a number of issues,
- It includes a _very_ outdated version of lua and upgrading that is
quite a challenge
- We don't know of any actual users of this plugin.

If anyone want to keep the TAS plugin in the source tree, now is the
time to respond with an explanation on why we should keep it.

Note: we will most probably ask these people to take up maintainership
of the TAS plugin in exchange for keeping it in the source tree :-)

--
Ferry Huberts