[Olsr-users] security hardening for olsrd: new Debian/Ubuntu builds to test

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 4 16:34:10 CEST 2012

I've been working to get olsrd to pass the Debian 'hardening-check' and
incorporate all of the changes into the official Debian package.  I have
a test version that is working for me.  Now I'd love for others to test it.

There are two way to get the packages, the Guardian Project Commotion PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:guardianproject/commotion
or
https://launchpad.net/~guardianproject/+archive/ppa

And the Debian experimental package:

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/olsrd

Since olsrd runs as root, its important that it is secure and hard to
exploit.  This is especially important as people install olsrd on
their own laptops and Android phones, where all sorts of sensitive data
is stored.

.hc