[Olsr-users] Where best to find changelog to stable OLSRd v0.6.2 implementation on OpenWRT?

Ben West (spam-protected)
Thu May 31 19:40:48 CEST 2012

Thanks for responding hc.

Unfortunately I don't have a very good diagnostics on whatever is causing
olsrd v0.6.1 to crash randomly (and also very sporadically, maybe once /
week).  The only relevant log message I've seen is "bad file descriptor,"
as I described in this thread:
https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2012-January/005037.html

I will be trying v0.6.2 soon.  If the problem persists, I will then try
more fine grained probing into git commits.

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hey Ben,
>
> If you can easily build from git then run the olsrd that you built, then
> the best thing is probably to do a "git bisect" sequence.  'git bisect'
> automates the process of finding the commit that caused a bug.  Basically,
> you mark the current commit as bad, then make the last known good commit as
> good (i.e. "git checkout OLSRD_0_6_2"), then run the bisect process.  It'll
> check out commit, then you build that one and run it, then mark it as good
> or bad, then it'll checkout another commit, build and run it, mark as good
> or bad, until you get to the last commit:
>

> http://ivanz.com/2009/03/27/git-bisect-the-awesome-way-to-find-the-mr-bug-commit/
>
> .hc
>
> On May 29, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Ben West wrote:
>
> I've been experiencing some sporadic instances of olsrd crashing on
> several meshes of Ubiquiti M5 APs that I operate.  That is, I will find
> that olsrd has crashed silently on one of the APs, leaving the AP's routing
> table stuck at whatever state it was in when the daemon crashed.  95% of
> the time this is not a problem, as my nodes are at fixed locations, so the
> stale routing is still valid.
>
> The APs are running the version of OLSRd packaged with OpenWRT Backfire
> 10.03.1, specifically v0.6.1-3.
>
> Besides wanting to upgrade OpenWRT to a more recent trunk version for
> improved speed of the ath9k driver, I would also look forward to getting
> recent bugfixes in that OLSRd implementation, especially if one such fix is
> relevant to random crashes I've been seeing.
>
> I see OpenWRT trunk currently bundles olsrd stable v0.6.2 from October
> 2011 here:
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd/Makefile
> http://www.olsr.org/releases/0.6/ (the path from which OpenWRT build
> script downloads olsrd)
>
> In addition to the changelog recorded in OpenWRT's repo here ...
> https://dev.openwrt.org/log/packages/net/olsrd
> ... and the very brief CHANGELOG included in the
> archive olsrd-0.6.2.tar.gz, is there another source for detailed changelog
> between versions 0.6.1 and 0.6.2?
>
> That is, which of the heads shown in the git repo correspond to the
> October 2011 archive olsrd-0.6.2.tar.gz provided for download?
> http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=summary
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Ben West