[Olsr-users] Where best to find changelog to stable OLSRd v0.6.2 implementation on OpenWRT?

Ben West (spam-protected)
Wed May 30 01:50:35 CEST 2012

I've been experiencing some sporadic instances of olsrd crashing on several
meshes of Ubiquiti M5 APs that I operate.  That is, I will find that olsrd
has crashed silently on one of the APs, leaving the AP's routing table
stuck at whatever state it was in when the daemon crashed.  95% of the time
this is not a problem, as my nodes are at fixed locations, so the stale
routing is still valid.

The APs are running the version of OLSRd packaged with OpenWRT Backfire
10.03.1, specifically v0.6.1-3.

Besides wanting to upgrade OpenWRT to a more recent trunk version for
improved speed of the ath9k driver, I would also look forward to getting
recent bugfixes in that OLSRd implementation, especially if one such fix is
relevant to random crashes I've been seeing.

I see OpenWRT trunk currently bundles olsrd stable v0.6.2 from October 2011
here:
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd/Makefile
http://www.olsr.org/releases/0.6/ (the path from which OpenWRT build script
downloads olsrd)

In addition to the changelog recorded in OpenWRT's repo here ...
https://dev.openwrt.org/log/packages/net/olsrd
... and the very brief CHANGELOG included in the
archive olsrd-0.6.2.tar.gz, is there another source for detailed changelog
between versions 0.6.1 and 0.6.2?

That is, which of the heads shown in the git repo correspond to the October
2011 archive olsrd-0.6.2.tar.gz provided for download?
http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=summary

Thanks.

--
Ben West