[Olsr-users] How to reduce latency

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun May 13 09:28:08 CEST 2012

Unfortunately OLSRd has nearly nothing to do with the latency of your
network. OLSRd does setup network routes in the kernel, but it is not
involved in forwarding your user traffic at all. The only thing you
would change by increasing the HNA rate of your network would be that
you have less delay to detect an upcoming/downgoing gateway to the
internet. But once the internet is up (the 0.0.0.0/0 route is
detected), it would not make any difference.

Henning

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Tim Rogers <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am tying to reduce latency in my olsr network. I have looked at
> various approaches and it seems the best way to do this is by reducing
> the frequency of Hna messages, but there must be better approaches to
> the problem than this.
>
> Cheers Tim

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."