[Olsr-users] Routing-Problem | olsr.org - 0.6.0 | weight | etx_ff | mode ether

Michel Blais (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 29 21:40:53 CEST 2012

In those case, I use LinkQualityMult to unpriorise a link.

On router C

Interface "wan"
{
         Mode "ether"
}

Interface "vlan4"
{
         Mode "ether"
         LinkQualityMult default 0.2
}

Do the same for the interface on the same subnet than vlan 4 on router
A3 and this link cost will be mutiply by 5 for this up.

if you use 0.5, link cost will be multiply by 2.

This often happen when the're no traffic on A link and b link have some
paquet lost.

If paquet lost for B link is too much and cost more then 3 then it will
try link A. If the're no traffic on link B then cost come back to 2 so
it goes back to B.

One feature missing on OLSR would be a time to live for this. If olsr
try a link and that it's worst then the other, then it should no try it
back untill TTL reach 0. That would be a lot better than link cost
manupulation with LinkQualityMult. I know that OLSR was not built with
this in mind but for fixed wireless link, that would be great. We see
this problem a lot as a WISP.

Michel Blais