[Olsr-users] MANET Leader Election

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 1 18:18:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

if you don't need any security aspects you could have each node add up
the costs to all other nodes and publish it... and the one with the
smallest value becomes the server.

The difficult part of the algorithm will be dealing with changes and
net splits/joins.

Henning Rogge

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM, James Mccracken
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I’m working on a project that uses OLSRd in a small MANET environment (<20
> nodes) and I am looking for a good leader election algorithm.  I am looking
> to elect a leader based on certain metrics that will become a server in a
> small MANET.  Are there any such algorithms built specifically to work with
> OLSR or does anyone have some working leader election code?  Any input or
> advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."