[Olsr-users] Multi-Topology Routing for OLSR?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 31 15:45:38 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Joerg Pommnitz <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm currently investigating the possibility to implement MTR for OLSR.
> This would be similar to MTR
>  for OSPFv3 as specified in RFC 4915. The aim would be the creation of multiple
>  topolgies that are subsets of the "physical" topology with independent
> routing paths for each topology.

> The Linux part of the implementation would be based on the support for multiple routing tables that is already part of olsrd. Using special routing rules, one could select topologies and those routes for different traffic classes.

Both different routing tables (with policy routing for selecting them)
or different subnets would work.

> Has anybody done something along these lines for OLSR?

Yes, I think MTR has been done for OLSR by different people.

> How would you implement this (on top of OLSRv1)?

You would generate a new Hello and TC format if you want to use
different metrics for topologies.

It might also be necessary to have some filter involved between the
physical topology and the dijkstra algorithm.

And you need a way to store multiple dijkstra results.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."