[Olsr-users] Big delay after restaring OSLRD

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 6 16:52:00 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Francisco Cuesta <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Hi Markus thanks for replying!
>
> I haven' t count the time, how could it  affect?

when shutting down (or restarting) olsrd, he sends out some messages
telling the neighbours about this,..
(so they forget him instanlty, and not regard the missing hellos as
pcketloss) and when he gets back linkquality is fast to "good enough"

if you just take the interface down (and up again), the neighbours will
notice the missing hellos, so it naturally taskes longer until the link is
considered "good enough" again

if the link is down very short, it recovers faster, and if it is down for
very long (the link will timout at the neighbours) it sould recover as fast
as on a restart, but between this it will take longer!

> I don' understand, what do you mean with "infact same interval". You mean
> that my Topology Interval(TC) should be greater than hello messages
> intervals??

no afair you have validity and interval of tcs (or hellos) both to the same
value,..
afair. tc interval 2 seconds, andf tc validity 2 seconds

which is no good idea, as olsrd now sends an tc every two secons which is
only valid for two sweconds, so you just bid for troubles,
validity should be bigger than interval (most networks use validity of 5x
or more of interval ), else a delyed or missing packet will be immediately
an issue