[Olsr-users] Intermittent problem "OLSR: sendto IPv4 Bad file descriptor"

Ben West (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 30 18:17:36 CET 2012

I have a UBNT Loco M5 running OpenWRT Backfire 10.03.1 and OLSR v0.6.1.  I
recently just installed this radio (4 days ago), and this morning after a
scheduled reboot, it would not reliably find its default route via OLSRd.

Before rebooting the radio again, I would get these messages in logread
consistently after restarting the OLSRd daemon:

Jan 30 16:58:22 locom5-l daemon.err olsrd[1200]: OLSR: sendto IPv4 Bad file
descriptor
Jan 30 16:58:22 locom5-l daemon.err olsrd[1200]: OLSR: sendto IPv4 Bad file
descriptor
Jan 30 16:58:22 locom5-l daemon.err olsrd[1200]: OLSR: sendto IPv4 Bad file
descriptor
Jan 30 16:58:22 locom5-l daemon.err olsrd[1200]: OLSR: sendto IPv4 Bad file
descriptor

After rebooting the radio, these message above didn't recur, but the radio
still would not reliably have its default route assigned from OLSRd.

Here is the exact version of OLSR installed:

olsrd - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-arprefresh - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-dyn-gw - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-httpinfo - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-nameservice - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-secure - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-txtinfo - 0.6.1-3
olsrd-mod-watchdog - 0.6.1-3

The message "sendto IPv4 Bad file descriptor" is a bit mystifying.  What
does it mean?

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net