[Olsr-users] iptables

John Schultz (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 19 22:15:32 CET 2012

No response, and thank you for yours.

I ended up going back to the supplied kernel that came with the disto. The
NAT table exists now. Apparently Im needing to figure out routing for what I
need. YEA ME!!!

John

From: Bruce Ford [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:07 PM
To: John Schultz
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] iptables

Not sure if you received a response but with iptables the NAT table needs to
be specified in the command.

iptables -t nat -L

is probaby what you are looking for.

Bruce Ford

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM, John Schultz <(spam-protected)>
wrote:

I know this question is beyond the scope of this mailing list, but I'm
hoping for someone with experience to help me out.

Attached is the DOT diagram of my network.

What I need to do is enable natting in iptables on the gateway in order for
the other nodes to gain internet access.

However when I do a 'iptables -L', I get the following:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I think the NAT table is not there and all attempts to create it fail.

What tweaks do I need to do to iptables to enable this feature and be able
to access the outside?

Thanks in advance,

John