[Olsr-users] Question: is possible to use mixed LinkQualityAlgorithm among nodes ?

Saverio Proto (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 12 19:31:20 CET 2012

Short version:
Question: is possible to use mixed LinkQualityAlgorithm among nodes ?
If I have most nodes with "etx_ff" and some other nodes running
"etx_float" I will run into trouble ?

Long version:
In Ninux we have some links that are very long, like 20Km. These links
have very low bandwidth, around 1Mbps, but also very low packet loss,
so that when there is no user traffic the ETX is 1, and all the
traffic prefers these links.

We use then LinkQualityMult to raise the ETX to 10. Raising so much
causes the link to flap, because with little traffic is very easy to
have a small packet loss and the cost will reach LINK_COST_BROKEN.

I want to try to tune LinkQualityAging that now is set at the default
value to see if I can avoid this flapping, and I want also to try the
etx_float algorithm to see if I can solve this problem.

Any other hint ?

thanks

Saverio