[Olsr-users] MeshTether test release - olsrd for Android
Wed Aug 22 22:57:02 CEST 2012
Commotion MeshTether is an Android app that aims to make it possible to
connect to OLSR meshes with a single click of a button. It comes
configured for the Commotion mesh by default, but can be entirely
configured, and can have multiple mesh "profiles" to choose from.
There are two information tabs: Links and Info. Links shows all of the
first-hop links and Info shows the entire wifi config and olsrd.conf
settings. Additionally, you can share/email debug information from the
Its working pretty well on the Nexus One I'm using for testing. I've
also tried the HTC Wildfire, Motorola Droid, and HTC myTouch 3G.
The mesh profiles are implemented like this:
- (default) uses the wifi/ip settings from the preferences and the
olsrd.conf that is included in the app
- the rest are scanned from the file system in two places:
* in the app's app_bin/ folder
* /mnt/sdcard/MeshTether (i.e. the MeshTether folder on the SD card)
- the scanner looks in those folders for *.properties files and takes
the filename as the profile name (i.e. myprofile.properties will be
linked to the "myprofile" item in the profiles menu)
- if there is also a myprofile.conf next to the myprofile.properties
then it will use that as the olsrd.conf. otherwise, it'll use the
- the properties options are:
- all are required, except 'ipgenerate', which marks the 'ip' as the
root for the IP generation algorithm. If 'ipgenerate' is unset or
not 'true', then the 'ip' is used as is.
Here's a test apk:
Give it a whirl and let us know how it works for you!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 900 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Olsr-users