[Olsr-users] Using TC message's reserved space

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 8 09:31:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

I would advise you against modifying the TC messages, because it will
break quite a lot of stuff. Fortunately its not necessary.

First have a look here, its the description of the original OLSR
protocol: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3626

You will notice that OLSR use the concept of message types, so you can
easily add your own type of message without having to manipulate the
TCs. Just make sure the length can be divided by 4.

The MDNS plugin does define its own message type to forward multicast
data over the OLSR network (see /lib/mdns directory).

Henning Rogge

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 20:27, PRASHANT RANJAN <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am doing a small project with OLSR.
> I wanted to know if we can use TC messages in OLSR for transmitting a small
> text(Using Reserved Space) in network and how?
>
> Please provide detailed info as I'm a newbie in the subject.
>
> Thanks
> -Prashant

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."