[Olsr-users] Question about listed HNA networks and "active" olsr interfaces

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 12 15:17:09 CEST 2011

Op 12 okt 2011, om 14:45 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:42:09 ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:
>>> I think the dyngw plugin can do this since Teco Boot updated it.
>>
>> OK. We are talking about the stable branch right ?
>>
>> This also means that dyn_gw and dyn_gw_plain have different features ?
>> I thought that the features were the same, and the difference was the
>> implementation that for the plain was not based on threads.
>
> I am talking about the dyngw plugin. It got a lot more functionality since
> Teco Boot did rewrote/extend it earlier this year.

Caspar van Zon did the coding.

The connection check is still a separate thread, which I do not use.
(e.g. no configured PlParam "Ping" "192.168.81.12"). When no ping
configured, no threads are started. Eliminate the thread code is for
a volunteer.

I think dyngw can do the dynamic requested feature. The configured
HNA prefixes are only advertised when they are in routing table,
and not owned by OLST itself of course.

dyn_gw_plain could be eliminated, but this needs some tests (and reconfig
lots of nodes?)

Teco