[Olsr-users] FNG running into issues with OLSRd in various instances

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 3 09:03:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:57 AM, Jason Mak <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hello, I've got a few questions regarding OLSR set up on 2 separate
> devices. I'm new to this but would like to get this working and I haven't
> been able to find solutions to my problems.
>
> Using this guide: http://www.ubnt.com/wiki/OLSR_on_OpenWrt I installed
> OLSR onto a Ubquiti ns2 flashed with openWRT, I managed to get olsrd
> installed. However when I try and configure it by going to the Services tab,
> there's no OLSR option I can

did u install the olsrd luci plugin?

if that doesn`t help better ask the openwrt (packet) maintainers about
problems with the gui or integration into openwrt,.

(or just start/configure olsrd from the shell)

> The other issue I have is upon installing olsrd 0.6.1 on Debian squeeze, it
> fails to start properly since it cannot find olsrd_textinfo.so.0.1. I've
> worked around it by commenting out the offending lines in olsrd.conf however
> I would like to know what it does and why the file is missing. I've also
> installed oslrd (also 0.6.1) on a arch 64 build and it started just fine,
> I've tracked the olsrd textinfo file down and it seems to reside in /usr/lib
> along with many other files, those respective files are missing from the
> Debian install.

afair the plugins are in a seperate debian packet,..

<snip>
apt-cache search olsrd
olsrd - optimized link-state routing daemon (unik-olsrd)
olsrd-plugins - various plugins to enhance olsrd
</snip>

so i guess just install olsrd-plugins aswell!

Markus

p.s.

but you can alternatively "easily" compile and install olsrd yourself
roughly:
apt-get install gcc beason flex git
git clone git://olsr.org/olsrd.git <http://olsrd.org/olsrd.git>
cd olsrd