[Olsr-users] OLSRd Security Plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 24 13:20:59 CEST 2011

On Tue May 24 2011 13:11:49 Daniel A. Nagy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just going off on a tangent, I find it a bit strange that the luci
> interface for OLSR security plugin lets you configure the location but not
> the content of the keyfile. Is there a reason for that? From a user's
> perspective, it makes no sense; I'd like to set the shared key and I care
> not where the device stores it in its filesystem.
Luci just offers the options set in the OLSRd config file...

> If there is no reason for this, I am willing to contribute a patch that
> fixes the problem.
Maybe it wasn't done because the key file contains a binary key. But that could
be solved by using a hexadecimal input field of 32 characters.

This way it would not even be necessary to store the file on the flash, just
generate it on the fly from the luci settings.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE