[Olsr-users] Inquiry about secure plugin of OLSR

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 11 16:22:58 CEST 2011

On Wed May 11 2011 15:34:47 Zack Genesis wrote:
> Hi
>
> Was wanting to understand the implementing of security on OLSR
>
> I manage to get the secure plugin work
DId you had to apply a patch to get it working ?

> To the extent that, it's able to reject packet with mis-match signature
> However I'm still able to "ping" despite the secure plugin...
Do you ping your direct neighbors ?

OLSRd does only setup kernel routes, it does not check or even touch any kind
of user traffic, so the secure plugin will only block incoming OLSR packets from
nodes without the key.

> Was wondering, what sort of packet does the secure plugin reject?
> Cause I'm thinking the secure plugin only reject OLSR packet and not the
> other packet e.g: ICMP
OLSRd (and the secure plugin) only cares about routing traffic, right.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE