[Olsr-users] Differences between actual OLSRD and RFC3626

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 15 14:21:50 CET 2011

The most current OLSR.org etx metric does not use exponential aging
anymore, but the exponential aging one is easier to understand:

- use integer arithmetics instead of floating point calculations
- calculate an ETX value every X seconds
- smooth the value by using an exponential aging (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average
)

Henning Rogge

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 14:05, Érico Porto <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Also, is there any paper or some document that explains how "Integer
> arithmetic based ETX metric with exponential aging" works?
> Érico V. Porto
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Érico Porto <(spam-protected)>
> wrote:
>>
>> Anymore additions to the initial question: the differences between olsrd
>> and the RFC3626?
>> Érico V. Porto
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>
>> wrote:

>>> No problem with this :)

>>> Yeah, we know... 200 MHz is a typical hardware platform for OLSR.org,
>>> BATMAN
>>> or Babel.

>>> I would like to see the results of this.

>>> We too. *G*
>>>
>>> Henning Rogge
>>> --
>>> 1) You can't win.
>>> 2) You can't break even.
>>> 3) You can't leave the game.
>>> — The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized
>>>
>>> --

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)