[Olsr-users] nameservice plugin [solved]

Daniel A. Nagy (spam-protected)
Sun Mar 13 21:40:55 CET 2011

On 03/13/2011 09:37 PM, Markus Kittenberger wrote:
> imho i donĀ“t think the new text is more unambiguous as the old,..
>
> in both texts i do not read that the dns server has to be on the node/ip
> that announces it,..

How would *you* express that?

> furthermore i do not see a reason why the dns has to be on the node
> itself, as if the node does an hna aswell the dns can be anywhere behind
> it i guess,..

The fact of the matter is that DNS announcements work only if the node
announces itself. I have learned it the hard way.

Maybe that is not the intended behavior (though I suspect that it is),
but it is most certainly how the plugin works right now.

Regards,

--
Daniel