[Olsr-users] nameservice plugin

Daniel A. Nagy (spam-protected)
Sat Mar 12 18:55:19 CET 2011

Hello,

I am fairly new to OLSR, but it mostly does what I expect it to do. I am
using the packages from OpenWrt backfire branch. However, I am having
problems with propagating DNS server addresses via nameservice plugin.

On the gateway node, I have:
LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.3"
{
	PlParam "name" "meshnode1"
	PlParam "suffix" ".olsr"
	PlParam "hosts-file" "/var/etc/hosts.olsr"
	PlParam "dns-server" "a.b.c.d"
}

On a regular node, I have:
LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.3"
{
	PlParam "name" "meshnode2"
	PlParam "suffix" ".olsr"
	PlParam "hosts-file" "/var/etc/hosts.olsr"
	PlParam "resolv-file" "/tmp/resolv.conf.olsr"
}

As expected, in /var/etc/hosts.olsr I get
### this /etc/hosts file is overwritten regularly by olsrd
### do not edit

127.0.0.1	localhost
::1		localhost

x.y.z.w		meshnode2.olsr	# myself
x.y.z.q		meshnode1.olsr	# x.y.z.q

### written by olsrd at Sat Mar  5 12:17:23 2011

However, there is no /tmp/resolv.conf.olsr which I would expect to
contain this:
nameserver a.b.c.d

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!