[Olsr-users] Proposed OLSR plugin to adjust nodes' TX power

Henning (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 7 10:15:44 CEST 2011

On Saturday 04 June 2011 19:49:46 Ben West wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In follow up to the Commotion code sprint / conference that just occurred:
> http://tech.chambana.net/projects/commotion
> http://tech.chambana.net/projects/commotion/wiki/JUNE_2011_CODE_SPRINTSUMMI
> T ... we discussed a potential OLSR plugin that would gradually turn down a
> node's TX power until a minimum specified LQ was reached by one of that
> node's 2-hop neighbors.

There was a presentation on the Wireless Community Weekend (last weekend) in
Berlin about implementing Power Control in mac80211. I will have to see if I
find a link for you.

Doing power control in the driver allows the mesh to adjust the power
separately for each neighbor.

Henning Rogge