[Olsr-users] OLSR on 3 ubuntu machines

Max IP (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 1 16:53:15 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am new to OLSRd. I have installed OLSRd on 3 ubuntu machines from the olsrd.org website. The version is 0.6.1.

My systems are

A--->B--->C

I want to connect A to B and B to C through wifi.

Finally I want to get A and C networked through network relay from B.

In the olsrd.conf file, I did the following amendments

For system A:

Hna4
{
 Internet gateway
 0.0.0.0   0.0.0.0
# specific small networks reachable through this node
192.168.100.85 255.255.255.0
}

and for system B:

I set

Hna4
{
# Internet gateway
 0.0.0.0   0.0.0.0
# specific small networks reachable through this node
 192.168.100.87 255.255.255.0
}

It gives this error message
Parsing file: "/etc/olsrd.conf"
HNA IPv4 entry: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
HNA IPv4 entry: 192.168.100.85/255.255.255.0
ihna4entry: The ipaddress "192.168.100.85" is not a network address!