[Olsr-users] About sending data on adhoc

Henning (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 30 17:09:52 CEST 2011

On Saturday 30 July 2011 16:57:50 Yanni wrote:
> Hi,
>      Maybe this is not all about olsrd,but it is really makes me
> confused.Olsrd only sends and receives Hellos and TCs,but not data
> packets,and it sets entries in the kernel route table.I wonder OS in the
> middle would transmit packets accordingly.Or else i have to make
> transmitting myself.
>
>  So how should I send data packets?
Like you said, Olsrd use Hellos/TCs to calculate the topology of your mesh and
then setup routes in the local OS for the next hop. Which also runs OLSRd, so
it also has routes for the next hop...

Each node gets a complete routing table for each of the other nodes of the
mesh, in which it can find the next hop for them.

Thats all which is needed to transmit the data (hop by hop) towards the
target.

Henning Rogge