[Olsr-users] no neighbours in olsrd

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 26 13:08:23 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 07:29 AM, RC Loh wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to olsrd.
> I have install olsrd on two LINUX desktops (LINUX_A and LINUX_B) running
> of Fedora Core 12. To test out the olsrd, I used the wired connections
> of both desktops to a switch only have those two desktops connected and
> run olsrd on the two wired connections. Though I managed to do a "ping"
> from one desktop to another, I could not manage to get both of the
> desktop to see each other in the olsrd neighbours list.
> Attached are the capture of "ifconfig" "olsrd.conf" and startup of "olsrd".
> Any help is appreciated.

First thing to check:
Have you checked if firewall is blocking broadcast packets from olsrd
(UDP port 698), so the nodes cannot see the other one?

You can test this by stopping firewall ("service iptables stop") on both
nodes before starting olsrd and see if that makes a difference?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik