[Olsr-users] Fwd: Question about hidden node behavior

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 15 15:53:39 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Markus Kittenberger <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> if i find time next week, i will definetly run my QoS test-scripts against
> ath5k and ath9k aswell
>
> and i`m quite optimistic that it will work,.. (and if not i`ll let u know
> *G)

i just tested ath5k and ath9k,..

and ath5k works exactly like it should,..
but ath9k behaves only somewhat better as madwifi, but defintely not as it
should,..

or in numbers,..
i had 3 udp streams with 5mbit txrate running against a wireless link with
5.5mbit bitrate (4mbit netto udp throughput)

this 3 streams where classified into the 3 queues of a prio qdisc,..
(so the result should be 4mbit for the traffic classified into first queue
and nothing for other traffic)

without any QoS rule active on all tested drivers/wifi-hardware each stream
got ~ 1.3mbit

results with QoS:
q1  q2  q3 driver
4.0 0.0 0.0 b43-legacy