[Olsr-users] Question about hidden node behavior

KB Patel (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 14 17:23:46 CET 2011

The quickest way is to just look at the average Signal Level from the
iwconfig command.  You should see a line like this:
               Link Quality=38/70  Signal level=-60 dBm  Noise level=-98 dBm

This is the average SNR over the last N packets or some interval (not
sure what N is).  As such, when you want to see the level between A and
B, make sure you turn the other nodes off and send some traffic (pings)
from A to B.

kb