[Olsr-users] Question about hidden node behavior

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 14 12:30:17 CET 2011

Hi!

So we have found a bug in our monitoring code which was parsing LQ in
ILQ swapped. Hurray for the theory.

OK. So the story is now like this: once we added trzaska-12 node
(which has a good link in both direction to glinska-9 node), packets
from fri node to glinska-9 node start getting lost. Probably
trzaska-12 and fri node does not see each other transmitting.

The question is why only in one direction packet loss is increased. So
why packets from trrzaska-12 to glinska-9 are also not lost when fri
transmits at the same time.

I added RTS/CTS of 200 bytes on all three nodes and there is no
perceived improvement of users using it to access the Internet. ETX
has not changed (as it uses broadcast/multicast). Ping packet loss
from the nodes to the central server seems to have even increased
(maybe just for larger than 200 bytes packets, I will need more data
to see if it is just a temporary fluctuation).

Maybe we could also try fragmentation.

Mitar