[Olsr-users] Question about hidden node behavior

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 7 12:09:38 CET 2011

>> We do not do that. Is this a good idea?
>
> priorize olsrd traffic is a very good idea!

Oh, this is so cool :) We had this discussion exactly 1 year ago !!!
And it is incredibile that people still think that is worthed to use
QoS on Mesh Networks with ad-hoc links.

Here the discussion:
http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2010-January/003823.html

Some excerpt:
-------
because your available bandwidth is unknown (wireless interface), and
probably variable, you can't set up an efficient scheduler to
prioritize OLSR packets... unless you want to understimate your
channel capacity ...

On wireless links the available bandwidth can fluctuate very much (see
performance anomaly [1]), and so it should be periodically estimated.
Then, with a "tc change", the rate should be updated.
-------

read the thread, is full of usefull tc scripts to understand better.

Saverio