[Olsr-users] acces txtinfo

Michel Blais (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 31 22:59:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to acces txtinfo from anywhere else than localhost and have a
empty return.

Exemple, on the olsr node, if I use
echo 'all' | nc 127.0.0.1 8080

txtinfo return me requested info but if I do from my pc
echo "all" | nc 10.5.30.5 8080

it return me nothing, not even a empty line. Exemple :
# echo "all" | nc 10.5.30.5 8119
#

if I check with nmap, it told me that the port 8080 is open

My txtinfo config :
LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1"
{
         PlParam "port" "8080"
         PlParam "Net" "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0"
}

I tryed from Mint Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD with the same result.

I would like to get link cost from a server to add them to cacti graph
so I would have statistic for quality of my link.
Is their any way to access txtinfo from other device or any other way to
get link quality ?

Thanks

--
Michel Blais