[Olsr-users] Linking

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 25 08:38:09 CEST 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:33:47 John Tobias wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am in the process of testing more two devices and I have question
> about how am I going to configure them.
> Below is my scenario, 4 devices connected to each other. devA has the
> static routing and connected to internet, devB is linked to devA,
> devC is linked to devB and devD is linked to devC.
>
>           devA   <-------------------      devB   <-------------------
>      devC   <-------------------      devD
>   (connected to Internet)          (connected to devA)      (connected
> to devB)      (connected to devC)
>         (enable NAT)
>       (Hna4: 0.0.0.0/0)
>

> My question is, do I need NAT in devB in order to service devC and do
> I need NAT too in devC in order to service devD?
OLSR just use IP forwarding.

You don't need NAT between OLSR nodes. You might need NAT to use your DSL
uplink on a mesh network, because your DSL provider gives you only a single
(IPv4) address.

So device A will need NAT (not if you are using IPv6 and get a complete /64
network or more), the rest will not.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE