[Olsr-users] Question on etx_ffeth and mode ether mode mesh

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 26 09:37:54 CEST 2011

On Tue April 26 2011 09:31:12 ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:
> I have one question that is not clear to me from documentation.
>
> Talking about the stable branch.
>
> To exploit the "mode ether" or "mode mesh" of one interface, my
> LinkQualityAlgorthm must be etx_ffeth or the mode mesh and mode ether
> setting will just have no effect ?
No.

Mode "ether" has an effect on OLSR message forwarding. OLSRd expects that all
nodes on an "ethernet" interface can hear each other, so it has never to
retransmit messages received over an ethernet interface back to it, regardless
of the MPR settings.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE