[Olsr-users] Running olsrd on iPad

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 21 10:24:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM, RC Loh <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> You are right, "make" does not produce a .doc file.

i know, it was a joke,..

> What I did was download the olsrd package into an iPad and did a "tar
> -xvf" on the "terminal" of the iPad, then did a "make". So I believe that
> all the necessary files required to compile the olsrd are already downloaded
> to the iPad. I did that the same to some LINUX machines and MacBook Pro as
> well, no problems with this process.
>
> I do not understand what is missing on the iPad.

from the error messages you provided it looks like verything is missing,..
(as i stated in my first mail, and aaron said again, you even miss the
standard c header files)
(and till know you didn`t verify this as aaron instructed you to do,..)

and if u only put the olsrd code onto the ipad, this is exactly what has to
be expected,..
(it releis an standarc c header, for the libc that runs on the target
system, furhtermore the stable branch needs yacc/bison afair)

regarding the ipad:
why should there be any c development related stuff there,..
(the ipad is for consuming content, nothing more, compiling (software
development) is two times out the scope of this device,..)

and it seems to be out of the scope of "Cydia" aswell,..

so as henning said, either look for an crosscompiler (just one 1 piece of
software) for you mac,..

or try to get the complete toolchain on the ipad (on a system with a working
packet manager and "full" repositories this would be simple, but i doubt tha
ipad is something like this *GG))

Markus