[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 18 00:23:26 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Markus Kittenberger
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> pls try it with adhoc

Will do. Just it has first to die in AP mode first. ;-)

Interesting thing is that it is pingable all the time. So if I let it
idle for hours and then ping my mobile phone from inside the AP
network ping works. So it does not go completely to sleep.

This means that if we would run our networks in AP mode mobile phones
would be able to freely roam around (this is supported in AP mode, if
nodes would know how to route traffic for them correctly) with low
power consumption and without any need for special software on phones.
It seems.

Of course then phones itself would not mesh together (if we for
example say that we have fixed nodes with both AP and ad-hoc for them
to mesh).

Mitar