[Olsr-users] General question about ad hoc routing

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 8 01:43:48 CEST 2010

> For example, the MPR of A in this scenario is B, then it will be the next
> hop in OLSR internal routing table but in kernel routing table we just know
> that we have to send this message for the interface X.

this is not correct.

from the routing table you know the IP address of your next hop, not
just the interface to send the packet out.

you then use the ARP protocol to discover the Mac address of the next
hop, and you will send a 802.11 frame that is unicast for your next
hop and will be discarded from other station that overhear the frame
from the radio channel.

regards

Saverio